Rick Guild Professional Qualifications
The following is a summary of the professional qualifications for Richard (Rick) Guild. This summary is presented for the purpose of outlining the background and experience that comprises a 33-year career in Tulsa commercial real estate involving over $775,000,000.00 in personal leasing and sales.
President and Owner, The Guild Company, 1997 to 2017 (20 years)
Director of Leasing, Property Company of America, 1992 to 1997
Marketing Principal, Trammell Crow Company, 1983 to1992
Personally Completed Sales and Leases
American Airlines ($14.2 million bldg. sale) Cisco Systems, Inc. (12,557sf)
One Memorial Place ($6.9 million bldg. sale) Cimcase International (12,410 sf)
Amoco (212,285 sf) Capital Management Co. (12,143 sf)
McLeodUSA (162,000 sf) Oxley Petroleum (12,057 sf)
Cimarex Energy (71,546 sf) The Zarrow Foundation (11,955)
The Williams Companies (70,730 sf) Natcom Publishing (11,750 sf)
Harrision House Publishing (58,750 sf) Faith Christian Fellowship (11,750 sf)
Midstates Petroleum 2013 (56,096 sf) Triumph Energy Partners (8,386 sf)
Dresser/John Brown (51,319 sf) Pittsburgh Glass (11,616 sf)
Internal Revenue Service (51,121 sf) Cimcase International (10,655 sf)
U.S Corp of Engineers (48,110 sf) Jones, Givens Law Firm (10,733 sf)
Midstates Petoleum 2016 (48,057 sf) Millbrae Energy (10,357 sf)
The Williams Companies (47,680 sf) Titus, Hillis, Reynolds Law(10,165 sf)
Sonoco Products (46,000 sf) Strat Land Exploration (10,165 sf)
Southwest Power Admin. (40,300 sf) Rockford Energy (10,165 sf)
Encompass (34,367 sf) Cannon Energy (10,165 sf)
Agricultural Minerals Corp (33,801 sf) Gibbs Armstrong Law Firm (10,135 sf)
Latigo Petroleum (33,698 sf) Council Oak Resources (11,799 sf)
McAfee & Taft Law Firm (32,298 sf) Crawford and Company (9,212 sf)
Williams Telecommunications (30,837 sf) TMA Systems (9,208 sf)
Vintage Petroleum (28,773 sf) Re/Max Realtors (9,030 sf)
Ernst & Young (28,306 sf) New England Financial (9,030 sf)
Red Man Pipe and Supply (27,207 sf) Numanco (8,953 sf)
Alliance Coal (26,736 sf) Global Interface Solutions (8,648 sf)
Samson Resources (26,121 sf) Poe and Associates (8,562 sf)
Atkinson Haskins Law Firm (24,916 sf) Hewlett Packard (8,257 sf)
Shared Medical Systems (24,298 sf) B and R Supply (8,159 sf)
Cavalry Investments (24,151 sf) Ward Gas and Marketing (7,875 sf)
KCS/Medallion (23,616 sf) Winters, King Law Firm (7,800 sf)
Honor Books (23,500 sf) Landmark Graphics (7,790 sf)
HarrisonHouse Publishing (23,500 sf) Pierce Couch Law Firm (7,785 sf)
Arthur Andersen (23,456 sf) Accelerated Lift Systems (10,398 sf)
SK Plymouth (23,294 sf) Program Management Corp (7,785 sf)
Merrill Lynch (22,655 sf) Deck Oil Company (7,433 sf)
Coopers and Lybrand (22,510 sf) Gagle Corporation (7,425 sf)
Internal Data Management (22,000 sf) Willbros Engineers (7,404 sf)
Explorer Pipeline (21,312 sf) Hospice of Green Country (7,400 sf)
WorldConnect (20,330 sf) Centrilift Hughes (7,304 sf)
Associated Resources (20,031 sf) Amoco (7,250 sf)
McAfee & Taft Law Firm (18,900 sf) Southwestern Bell Telecom (7,250 sf)
Tower I Executive Suites (18,627 sf) Vyvx Inc. (7,106 sf)
Flint Construction Services (18,217 sf) Enron Gas Marketing (6,699 sf)
Santa Fe Energy (18,627 sf) Spectrum Field Services (6,656 sf)
Ladd Petroleum (18,627 sf) Physicians Sales and Service(6,442 sf)
Deloitte and Touche (18,627 sf) DHL Airways (6,341 sf)
Century Healthcare (17,849 sf) McCormick, Andrew & Clark (6,336 sf)
HQ Global (17,527 sf) J.C. Penny District Office (6,216 sf)
Alexander & Alexander (17,498 sf) Mid-Continent Energy (6,163 sf)
Williams Pipeline (17,048 sf) Silverado Foods (6,157 sf)
Laredo Petroleum (16,120 sf) Transwestern Mining (6,150 sf)
Johnson Brokers (16,247 sf) Niject Services (6,007 sf)
Rodolf & Todd Law Firm (15,924 sf) Cimarron Acid & Frac (9,095 sf)
Regus/HQ (15,696 sf) Open Bible Fellowship (6,000 sf)
Willbros Engineers (15,657 sf) QuikTrip Corporation (5,850 sf)
Dean Witter Reynolds (15,123 sf) Gardere & Wynne Law Firm (5,812 sf)
CNG Producing Company (15,004 sf) Cisco Systems, Inc. (5,808 sf)
Purolator Products (14,800 sf) New England Mutual Life (5,793 sf)
Marsh & McLennan (14,752 sf) Epic Computer (5,770 sf)
Wiltel (14,326 sf) Gordon & Assc. Law Firm (5,734 sf)
The Williams Companies (14,114 sf) Vyvx Inc. (5,731 sf)
Bekins Corporation (13,634 sf) Harrison House Inc. (5,670 sf)
Holmes Organization (13,555 sf) LaSorsa, Weber Law Firm (5,435 sf)
Gary Sparks Company (13,609 sf) Anchor Stone Co. (5,427)
Sneed Lang Law Firm (13,208 sf) Triad Bank (5,212 sf)
Smith Container (12,998 sf) First Title and Escrow (5,124 sf)
Barber & Bartz Law Firm (12,915 sf) American Airlines (5,100 sf)
Tulsa Public Defenders Office (12,802 sf) Educational Concepts (7,931 sf)
County Commissioners Office (12,802) Motorola Communications (5,040sf)
**Rick Guild has completed more than 2,000 additional transactions of 5,000 sf or less
Experience as Marketing Principal, Trammell Crow Company, 1983 to1992
Responsible for the leasing and marketing of the 4,500,000 square foot Tulsa, Oklahoma office building and warehouse portfolio. Responsibilities included supervising the leasing of the overall portfolio, bottom line accountability for the investment performance of the overall portfolio and annual valuation and recommendation of asset strategy. Management and leasing clients included Merrill Lynch, Cigna, Allstate, Equitable, and CalPERS. Properties exclusively leased included BOK Tower (1,300,000 square feet), Williams Towers I and II (750,000 sf), The Forum (60,000 sf), The Tulsa Union Depot (42,000 sf), Triad I (139,528 sf) and Triad II (155,000 sf), MeridianTower (205,891 sf), Two Memorial (134,184 sf) and Three Memorial Place (42,340 sf), Towne Center (179,827 sf), 4500 Exchange Center (157,813 sf), Exchange Center (140,006 sf), Corporate Place (115,952 sf), Fox Plaza (80,930 sf), and 21 Centre Park (39,842 sf).
- Consistently the top producer in Tulsa and often a top performer in the entire nation.
- Sold Triad II office building to American Airlines for $14,200,000.00 ($95.00 per foot).
- Very involved in the $467,238,016.00 Williams Realty Corporation acquisition in 1987.
- On development team of Triad II office building (152,000 square feet), Freeport Trade Center (178,000 square feet), and Katy/Crow (120,055 square feet).
- Completed MIT Real Estate Program in 1987.
Experience as Director of Leasing, Property Company of America, 1992 to 1997
Director of Leasing for the real estate division of PCA, involving over 3,000,000 square feet of office and retail properties. Responsibilities included supervision of all leasing and brokerage activities as well as Tenant relations. Was directly responsible for the acquisition of over 2,500,000 square feet of management and leasing contracts.
- Responsible for overseeing leasing effort that included over 1,500,000 square feet of leases signed during the five-year period. Management and leasing clients included Merrill Lynch, Cigna, and Paine Webber. Properties exclusively leased included CityPlex Towers (1,715,400 sf), Mid-Continent Tower (321,500 sf), Southern Hills Tower (151,879 sf), One Summit Plaza (124,464 sf), Kensington/IBC Tower (62,998 sf), Southland Tower (115,376 sf), 21 Lewis Plaza (57,218 sf) and Yorktown Plaza (50,988 sf).
- Designed, implemented and successfully completed a management and marketing program that resulted in the renovation and successful turnaround of CityPlex Towers (1,715,400 square feet) in Tulsa, Oklahoma. A total of over 1,300,000 of new square footage was leased in less than four years.
Experience as President and Owner, The Guild Company, 1997 to 2017 (20 years)
The Guild Company is a commercial real estate, leasing, management and brokerage company formed in 1997. The main focus of the company is exclusive tenant and office building representation.
- Chosen to do the exclusive leasing for the 2,300,000 square foot, eighteen building, Kanbar Properties downtown office building portfolio in July of 2006. The properties included First Place Tower (624,000 sf), Bank of America Building (288,000 sf), Park Centre (190,000 sf) and the Petroleum Club Building (141,000 sf). Kanbar took the leasing in-house in January of 2008.
- Did the exclusive leasing of First Place Tower, a 624,000 square foot downtown office building, from February of 1998 to January of 2008. The building averaged over 90% leased throughout this 10-year period.
- Did the exclusive leasing of Mapco Plaza (140,825 sf), Autumn Oaks (117,590 sf), Utica Plaza (48,588 sf), and Bridgeport III (48,399 sf) for various owners.
- Did the exclusive leasing and management for One Memorial Place (90,720 sf) office building from December of 1998 until August of 2010. The building averaged over 95% leased throughout this 12-year period.
- Exclusively represented Morgan Stanley Dean Witter on both their downtown and suburban office.
- Exclusively represented McAfee & Taft Law Firm in their 32,298 square foot lease.
- Exclusively represented Rodolf & Todd Law Firm in their 15,924 square foot downtown lease.
- Exclusively represented The Zarrow Foundation in their 11,955 square foot downtown lease.
- Sold American Airlines Triad II office building for $14,200,000.00.
Guild Industry Specific Skills and Attributes
- Have established the premiere Tenant database tracking system in Tulsa that has over 3,000 tenant profiles and lease expirations.
- Fully knowledgeable in all areas of commercial real estate.
- Fully knowledgeable in all facets of office, industrial and retail leasing.
- Creative problem solving skills highly developed.
- Proficient with computer hardware and software.
- Licensed Oklahoma Real Estate Broker #082989
Professional and Civic Activities
- President of the National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP) in 1991,1992 and 2017, Vice President in 1990 and Chairman of Tulsa Trends, Membership Chairman in 1998.
- NAIOP National Board Member elected in 2017 to serve through 2020.
- Member of the Board of Directors of NAIOP from 1985 to 2001 and 2015-2017.
- Tulsa Boys Home Board since 1990. Made Lifetime Board Member in 2011.
- Board member of Eddie Sutton Youth Sports Arena. Building a new youth sports arena in Tulsa.
- Downtown Tulsa Unlimited Board from 1987 to 1992.
- Mayfest Governing Board from 1988 to 1992.
- Arts and Humanities Council Board Member in 1990.
- Member of Founding Tulsa Children's Museum Board.
- Member of Tulsa Little League Board of Directors since 1998.
- Member of ORU Golden Eagle Club Board. President in 1998.
- Co-founded Fight Night, which has raised over $1,500,000.00 for various charities in the Tulsa area. Co-Chairman of event in 1993,1994,1995, 1996 and 1997.
- Member of Golf Club of Oklahoma from 1992 to 2006.
- Graduated from Oklahoma State University in 1980 with Business Degree.
- Member of Sigma Chi Fraternity; Rush Chairman two years, Social Chairman two years. Alumni Social Chairman in 2016-2017.
- Member of the Nicholas Club supporting the Children's Medical Center and Tulsa Boys Home since 1988.